Elevated Work Platforms training
1 Day – Nationally Recognised Training
EWP under 11 metres
This training course will give workers the skills and knowledge to operate elevated work platforms (Boom Lifts (BL) Scissor Lifts (SL), Vertical Lifts (VL) under 11 metres. Please note, this is not a high risk work licence for EWP’s over 11 metres. Platinum Safety’s EWP training course is the . It is recognised and accepted throughout Australia. Many people may believe you must hold a “Yellow Card” which are issued by companies outside of the VET system. The Yellow Card is not a requirement to operate an EWP or scissor lift. This is a common misconception.
Platinum safety and training is your professional provider of a working at heights and elevated work platform courses in Sydney, helping you to perform work with the necessary knowledge you need to stay safe.
Key skills and knowledge covered during this training course through a combination of both theory and practical applications.
- Elevating work platforms documentation
- Understanding work requirements
- Correct selection and use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Perform pre-start and post-start inspections/checks. Documentation process for any faults or non compliance.
- Coordinate activities with others prior to commencement of, and during, the work activity
- Hazard identification, potential risks and implementation of control measures
- Preparation for emergency procedures.
- Use approved safety devices, ensure safety of personnel and surrounding site
- Report on monitoring systems and alarms
- Complete work and shut-down procedures inline with the agreed work plan
- Carry out work platform inspections
- Carry out routine operational servicing, lubrication and housekeeping tasks in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Carry out minor operator maintenance to manufacturer’s instructions and site requirements
- Process written records
- Check, clean, maintain and store plant, tools and equipment as per manufacturing specifications
Suited for you
There is no prerequisite for this course, so it is perfect for anyone who wants to gain experience and practical knowledge that can be used on a worksite.
Successful completion of this training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
RIIHAN301E Operate Elevating Work Platform
The course consists of both theory and practical, including theory and practical assessments. The programme is conducted over a day and takes up to 8 hours to complete.
Student terms and conditions: Student Handbook
Prices: Train at our specialised safety training centre in Prestons NSW (see map)
Group bookings: Note: We conduct onsite training at your workplace. We will contextualise the training to your requirements including using your own equipment.
Onsite training at your workplace prices: (Sydney/Wollongong):
1. Group of 4 students: $1200.00 (min. onsite training fee)
2. Group discounts apply for groups up to 6 students: Fixed price – $1500.00
3. Group of 12 students – $2000.00
Prices are GST Free
Nationally Recognised Training – RIIHAN301E Operate Elevating Work Platform
Please note: All students must be able to communicate in English and able to complete all documents, including theory assessments. If assistance is required, please contact us prior to commencement of training day to discuss options. Failure to do this, may result in a student not being able to complete the training and a refund will not be issued.
Do I require training to operate elevated work platforms?
The simple answer is YES! Here at Platinum Safety and Training, we make it easy when it comes to helping you decide what training you need in order to maintain a safe and compliant workplace!
As per legislation (law), the work health and safety act 2011 and regulations 2017, states all employers and employees have a duty of care to either eliminate or control potential hazards and risks within the workplace at all times. The hazard of height can be a major concern within many industries and unfortunately, is the cause of a high number of serious injuries and also workplace fatalities.
A common control measure and also a preferred method is install or utilise a fall prevention device. The elevated work platform is a perfect example of this and great way to achieve access and carry out safe work practices while working at height.
Platinum Safety’s nationally recognised training course RIIHAN301E Operate Elevating Work Platform, will assist workers to achieve the required skills and knowledge to maintain a high safety standard within the height industry.
For more information on height safety, please click on these links.
Benjamin Forner - Managing Director
RTO # 41312
Ambition training Pty Ltd
T/A Platinum Safety & Training
Please refer to the
PLATINUM SAFETY & TRAINING
Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m – 5:30 pm
Platinum Safety Training Centre,
2 / 6 Weld Street Prestons, NSW 2170
© 2021 Platinum Safety & Training