Working at heights – 1 Day – Friday 22nd February 2019
February 22 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$225
This unit of competency will give workers the skills and knowledge to determine working at heights situations, legislative requirements, basic hazard and risk analysis, tools, equipment and safe systems of work to complete tasks at height. Platinum Safety and Training is your professional provider of a working at heights course in Sydney, helping you to perform work with the necessary knowledge you need to stay safe.
Key skills and knowledge covered during this training course through a combination of both theory and practical applications.
* Legislative requirements for all working at heights
* Identification of a variety of working at height situations
* Hazard and risk analysis, implementation of control measures – SWMS
* Safe work practices and control systems including fall prevention devices, work positioning systems and fall arrest systems
* Inspect, install and apply a variety of height safety equipment including: Anchor points, horizontal lifelines, harnesses, connectors, lanyards, energy absorbers, rope grabs and knot tying.
* Safe use of ladders
Suited for you
There is no prerequisite for this course, so it is perfect for anyone who wants to gain experience and practical knowledge that can be used on a worksite.
Successful completion of this training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
RIIWHS204D – Work safely at heights
The course consists of both theory and practical, including theory and practical assessments. The programme is conducted over a day and takes up to 8 hours to complete. For more information contact Platinum Safety and Training on 0403 238 411.