Confined space Supervisor training
2 Day training course
For workers, standby operators & Supervisors
This 2 day training course is for anyone who works in and around confined spaces and also requires to supervise and control the confined space. Remember, law requires every confined space to have an issued confined space entry permit and MUST be issued by a competent person!
- If you need to include confined space rescue and breathing apparatus, click here
- Or, if you need the full package, click here for the 4 day course (Worker, standby, permit issuer and confined space rescuer)
Confined space supervisor 2 day training course includes these 7 key units of competency:
RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces which is the minimum requirement for all workers entering and working in confined spaces. The learning outcomes include, confined space awareness, legislative requirements, hazard and risk controls, tools and equipment, entry, exit and clean up procedures.
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit provides understanding and training on how permit systems work and to maintain a safe and compliant work safe
MSMPER202 Observe permit work allows the workers to act as the standby/spotter to ensure all workers inside the confined space are safe and conditions of the work permits are followed.
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres will enable the operator to test atmospheres using a range of testing equipment in order to determine a safe atmosphere for workers. The competency requires the operator to safely take and interpret gas readings and take the appropriate actions.
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis & RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control which will cover hazard and risk identification within the workplace, including creation and implementation of hazard analysis tools such as
* Job safety analysis (JSA)
* Safe work method statement (SWMS)
MSMPER300 Issue work permits, covers the understanding and limitations of the permit system. As the competent permit issuer, you will be making decisions regarding the need for permits and ensure the conditions are implemented.
There is no prerequisite for this course
Successful completion of this training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMPER202 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER202 Observe permit work
- RIIRIS201E Conduct local risk control
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
- MSMPER300 Issue work permits
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
- Students will be emailed a PDF copy of the statement of attainment on completion of the training course.
Course consists of both theory and practical, including theory and practical assessments.
- Theory Consists of classroom work involving a powerpoint presentation, group discussions, group activities such as conducting hazard identification and risk assessments, Issuing confined space entry and isolation/hotworks permits.
- Practical consists of hazards analysis and risk assessments, creating a rescue plan, setting up the confined space, gas testing including bump test and calibrations of gas detector units. Directing and following procedures with the issued work permit. This is conducting during 2 x confined space entry activities (1x horizontal entry and 1 x vertical entry – utilising tripods, winches, fall arrest systems, ladders, etc in our specialised confined space training unit – Providing our students with realistic and challenging work spaces.
Duration: 2 Days – 8 hours/day
Student terms and conditions: Student Handbook
Recommended course: This course will cover all requirements to enable workers to enter confined spaces, to carry out stand by duties, gas test atmospheres and to issue all workplace permits including Confined space entry permits.
Prices: Onsite training at your workplace or come train at our specialised training centre in Prestons NSW (see map)
Group bookings: Onsite at your workplace or at our training centre, Prestons NSW – Courses every week!
Public Course Bookings: Prestons Training Centre prices: (click to see our location)
Come and complete your safety training at our specialised training centre and save $$$
1. Individual students: $475.00 pp
3. Group discounts apply for groups up to 12 students: Fixed price – $3000.00
Onsite training at your workplace prices: (Sydney/Wollongong):
1. Group of 4 students: $2200.00 (min. onsite training fee)
2. Group up to 6 students – $2700.00
3. Group up to 12 students – $3250.00
Prices are GST Free
Found a better quote? Please give us a call and let our friendly staff ensure you are receiving the best training for the best price!
Please note: All students must be able to communicate in English and able to complete all documents, including theory assessments. If assistance is required, please contact us prior to commencement of training day to discuss options. Failure to do this, may result in a student not being able to complete the training and a refund will not be issued.
Do I require training to carry out works in a confined space?
The simple answer…. YES! Here at Platinum Safety and Training, we make it easy when it comes to deciding what training you need to carry out work in a confined space. We have a range of confined space training courses to suit everyone.
Day 1 – If you are someone who will be entering and working in the confined space, you will need the basic training course to understand the hazards and risks, work in accordance with legislation, understand permit systems and act as the Mandatory Standby/spotter for confined space workers. Click for more information
Day 1 + Gas tester – Confined spaces have many hazards, however unsafe atmospheres are one of the most dangerous hazards you may face when working in confined spaces. This training program is an extension of the confined space entry course with a comprehensive understanding on how to check and use gas detectors correctly, to ensure the atmosphere remains safe at all times during confined space works. For many organisations, this training is the minimum required to work in confined spaces and is our most popular training course. Click for more information
Day 2 – All confined space works must have a minimum amount of control measures to keep workers safe. A person in direct control is required to ensure this happens and they are known as the “permit issuer”. The will have the competencies to carry out risk assessment, understand atmospheric monitoring and issue all work permits including the mandatory “Confined space entry permit”. This training course is for anyone who will be supervising and controlling confined space works.
3 Days Training – A very popular confined space training package. You will be able to enter and work, conduct and understand atmospheric testing and monitoring and also be a competent member of the standby rescue team, which is a mandatory requirement for every confined space entry. Click for more information
4 Days Training – A very popular confined space training package. You will be able to enter and work, conduct and understand atmospheric testing and monitoring, risk assessments, issue all work permits also be a competent member of the standby rescue team, which is a mandatory requirement for every confined space entry. Click for more information
© 2021 Platinum Safety & Training