How manage the risk of falls at your workplace.
|As per the WHS Regulations, a PCBU must:|
- identify reasonably foreseeable hazards that could give rise to the risk
- eliminate the risk so far as is reasonably practicable
- if it is not reasonably practicable to eliminate the risk – minimise the risk so far as is reasonably practicable by implementing control measures in accordance with the hierarchy of control
- maintain the implemented control measure so that it remains effective
- review, and if necessary revise, risk control measures so as to maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, a work environment that is without risks to health and safety.
The Code of Practice: Managing Falls in the Workplace provides guidance on how to manage the risks of persons falling from one level to another by following a systematic process that involves:
- identifying hazards that may cause injury
- if necessary, assessing the risks associated with these hazards
- implementing risk control measures
- reviewing risk control measures to ensure they are effective.